1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Buzz kill ehh?

Discussion in 'High Rise Window Cleaning' started by Richard, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Richard

Richard Member

Would suck if this were to happen! Be safe out there guys!

" SAN FRANCISCO -- Two window-washers remain hospitalized after suffering severe burns when the equipment they were working in hit a high-voltage power line.

Officials say the two men, whose names have not been released, were cleaning the windows of a three-story building in Orinda Saturday when the cherry picker they were riding in came in contact with a high-voltage transmission line.

An official with the Moraga-Orinda Fire District says the two window washers were airlifted to the burn center at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center for treatment of second- and third-degree burns.
    A nurse at the center says the two men were in very critical condition.

Orinda city officials say the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health investigators have opened a formal investigation into the incident ."
  2. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Very peculiar, There aren't a lot rooms for error when operating a cherry picker and I wish I knew the cause of this incident. Was it operator error or was it simply a misjudgment on their part? OP if you have any more info on this I would be glad to hear it. Regardless of what happened and why it happened I wish them the best of luck in their recovery and also good luck and stay safe to anyone and everyone that's doing a similar type of job!