1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

I have the money. Where do I go from here to start a business?

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Chris S., Jan 20, 2014.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

To start off, I've cleaned a few houses this past month just for some extra cash and realized doing this professionally could be very rewarding. I've done some research on where to start and how to go about this, and I've decided to just go for it! I've got about $8000 to invest, but I'm just not sure how to put it to use or where to go from here.
    I have all the tools and equipment for any residential job and ladder that does the job.... for now.
    So where do I start from here? What would be the smartest and most effective thing to do in regards to investing this much amount of money into a business?
  2. Jeff Parks

Jeff Parks Administrator Staff Member Administrator

8k is alot to play with starting out window cleaning. I've known of some guys who started out with just $100 bucks and are established now.
    For starters:
    Liability insurance
    Website
    Advertising
    water fed pole
    Any add on services like pressure washing?
  3. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

How about some promoting through flyers and some social websites. Maybe even have some call it "spreaders". You pretty much pay them to spread the news of your business for you acting as clients.
  4. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

That's some interesting advices up there, mind if I take them too. I personally wouldn't be able to give you a clean nice response without a bit a research and asking around
  5. Brandy

Brandy Member

a place to work and call your company place or something? That'd be a nice tip though it's not really needed