1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Management not telling us about bed bugs!?

Discussion in 'Commercial Window Cleaning' started by Richard, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Richard

Richard Member

We were doing our 10 story apt building today that we do a couple times a year and were notified by pest control in their paper suits not to go into unit 710 because they were treating for bed bugs.....a problem the management neglected to tell us beforehand. Pest control also informed us that the unit we just did is scheduled for treatment next. Kinda freaked me out....the more I thought about it, the more frustrated that management still never told use. We packed up after couple floors and went to go talk to management. Told him we found out about the bugs and we weren't comfortable continuing. He said he understood and that would be fine...he just found out about it today too......YEAH OKAY..... So I billed him for what we did and now I'm here asking what should I do next?
  2. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Maybe you should have billed him more because of it, you could have discussed it a bit more with them. I'm sure you could have gotten something
  3. Brandy

Brandy Member

Maybe he has a valid excuse for it or he is just lying to get you to not bill him as much. You're not giving us much to work with here, there are some psychological factors that may giveaway what you should be doing and what he is thinking
  4. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

You can just report it to someone, like I'd let someone trick me like that.
  5. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

That attitude might seem like a put off from some people but that's the confidence a business owner needs to have, so I'd compliment you on that. Business is up and running if the owner is confident in everything they are deciding