1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Marketing Window Cleaning in the Winter

Discussion in 'Marketing & Advertising' started by admin, Dec 14, 2013.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

What have you found valuable for marketing your window cleaning business during the winter?
  2. Anolog139

Anolog139 New Member

The Dirt Hunter L.L.C.
    If you live where there is snow then residential window cleaning comes to a halt. However if your looking for a consistent cash flow for winter then through out all the summer months you should be building up your commercial store front work. They do not pay high dollar but I look at it like mowing lawns, you don't get rich off one, but if you get a route you can do okay. Face to face contact with the business owners is the best marketing you can do. Constantly be in front of them. Send christmas cards to them even if their not your customer. When their bucket bob leaves guess who they will think of
  3. Luke S.

Luke S. Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You can also try to pick up office buildings and strip malls that go on annual or bi-annual basis to keep busy on the winter. Otherwise you need a route to do in the cold months.
  4. roger

roger New Member

Now the winter and snowfall covers all the windows. So windows cleaning is necessary in the winter. Marketing is necessary to promote the services.
  5. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Have you tried giving parallel work to window cleaning as plowing snow around peoples houses, it should provide some bit of work and the people usually request your other service too especially if you offer them a discount because you were plowing snow. This tactic should be able to work if you advertise your snow plowing business a bit more too
  6. Brandy

Brandy Member

Sometimes I'll just stop working in the winter and just wait for new clients to call me, I havent really found an optimal solution so thank you all for advices
  7. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

There are a ton of ways to do that, actually it might be even more ways than during the summer if you're trying to be creative, you can just open up another parallel business to the first one and advertise your business whenever you finish a job
  8. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

I'd suggest you not doing that, it might be a bit costly, I noticed you're not too serious about this but it can give you a lot of money
  9. Brandy

Brandy Member

then what should I do, its a bit too much for me to just leave like that
  10. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

I've seen you do multiple jobs so I'm guessing it might be fine to combine them, advertise your business on the other one and try to see how it goes
  11. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Yep that might be a good idea that's what I was doing when I was starting up my business but I've focused on window cleaning much more now so good luck with that
  12. Brandy

Brandy Member

I didn't really think of combining them so that sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks for the advices guys I'll keep you updated