1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

The Quest for More Knowledge

Discussion in 'Window Cleaning News' started by Newsbot, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot Administrator Administrator

[​IMG]
    Confused about finding window cleaning information? Me too!

For a little over two months now, I have been writing all of the blog posts and managing all the social media for Detroit Sponge. I love it. I love connecting with people, I love helping people, and I love making information available, easy to find, and easy to digest. So sharing through this blog and our social media outlets is a perfect fit for me.

And this is certainly not my first writing gig. I have my own blog, where I have been writing for over 3 years now. And previous to that, I wrote all of the processes, content, and event information at my previous job working for the data center of a large health organization.

But writing about window cleaning is a completely ball game!

Finding information and researching posts for this blog is hard. As far as online content, I am used to writing about video games and the process of writing – so I never lack for information sources. At work, I always had previous documents to start from. Here, with window cleaning, there are so few sources of information online, it’s almost maddening! My only sources of information are my boss, my vendors, and my customers.

So I have taken it upon myself to improve that database of information available to both window cleaning professionals and home owners. To start, I have been working hard to connect the information here with the information I am sharing on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and (soon!) Google+. For example, if we have a sale on rubber, I want to post information that corresponds – information about rubber.

This week I ran into a snag with that plan. I wanted to tie the blog post to the promotion we are running this week for our new rope grabs.

Well, it turns out finding information online about high rise products and high rise safety is almost impossible. The reason seems to be all of the potential legalities involved.

So instead of posting about high rise, I am posting about my angst about posting about high rise. I know it is not quite as interesting, but at least it will help to explain my lack of valuable content for this week.

If you want information about high rise equipment for window cleaning, check out our vendors:

You can also get information and training from the International Window Cleaning Association.

And definitely check out our full line of high rise products on the website.

Do you have a specific window cleaning topic (preferably not high rise) you would like to learn more about? I would love to post something valuable to you! Contact me and let me know! Comment below or email me from the About Page!

Continue reading...