1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Tips for starting a new business

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Chris S., Jan 22, 2014.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

I've recently just got started in the window cleaning business. I'm not "in business" as of yet, but I have started to get my ducks in row by having my business registered, recently getting my public liability insurance, business cards, and even posted up an ad up on Craigslist, in hope for any future clients. I received an email from a guy asking for quote, along with some photos of the windows he wanted cleaned. I counted the number of windows in the pictures and decided this was a good opportunity. As a new business owner, I proceeded to offer a low quote to get my foot in the door, to at least get the job, the contact, and the experience.

Anyways, I got the job and the client was willing to meet me in person, onsite at 9:00 am the following day. Shortly before I arrived, I received a message from him stating he couldn't meet with me, and to ask for the lady upstairs, and that she would deposit the payment to my bank account that evening. I felt a little uneasy, as I arrived there in person onsite. To make matters worse, when I arrived onsite, I counted more than twice the number of windows I had given him a quote on through the email messages. I told myself, what's it going to hurt, as this is just going to give me more experience so I proceeded with the job anyways. After I finished cleaning all the windows, I contacted the guy that had originally emailed me. Turned out to be a property services company. I explained to him about all the extra windows I cleaned that we didn't agreed on but was humble and didn't mention about charging extra. I sent over my bank details, he made the deposit, and I realized he payed double the amount I had quoted him in the past. So, things actually worked out for the better.

How much should I be charging for residential and commercial window cleaning? I don't want to be that person that charges a substantial amount to clean windows and scare clients, but I also don't want to be that person to get pushed over with cheap pricing, stealing jobs, and get screwed over.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, as I was to provide the best service at reasonable prices.
  2. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

That's a nice start and I'm sure you have a lot of questions to ask, there is just too much to say in a single post, over my little adventure throughout this forum I've found some interesting threads that might help you out so just stick to the forum and you'll figure out everything you need to know
  3. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

I'm going to have to agree with SQcleaner, it's a bit too much and it's maybe worth for multiple threads? Don't you think that'd be more appropriate
  4. Brandy

Brandy Member

I was looking forward to some tips but you two gave nothing much really. I guess I'd just say to stick to it and it will work out but as I'm just a newbie I can't be sure too much