1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Do you view all your customers the same?

Discussion in 'Commercial Window Cleaning' started by Jeff Parks, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jeff Parks

Jeff Parks Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Back before Thanksgiving weekend I got a call from a salon needing window cleaning int&ext. So I show up and clean her windows and charge her $25 for 20mins of work and she was happy with my work and wanted to go forward with a monthly cleaning. I told her see you in 4 weeks and enjoy your time off for the holidays. Well I didnt make it there in 4 weeks it was more like 5 1/2 weeks and when I stopped by she wasnt there but I did leave a message for her assistant saying I was here and to give me a call so we can schedule a cleaning in the next few days when she will be there. Unfortunately I have not heard back from her and maybe she is upset I didnt come within that four week mark.

I appreciate all the business I pick up but maybe I did overlook this customer due to the busy month of December and people wanting last minute cleanings. Would I have let that extra week slide by if it was a $100 job? Honestly probably not. My advice is to be grateful for all the accounts you pick up whether its a $10.00 job or $100.00 job.

#1 rule in business is if you dont take care of the customer somebody else will.
  2. Luke S.

Luke S. Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Don't you have your work set up as a route?
  3. Luke S.

Do you bill your customers, or are they all COD?
  4. Jeff Parks

I do. At the time I pushed it back because I was booked and it's out of the way.
    The good news is she gave me a call and we are back on schedule. She was out of town for the holidays so all is well.
  5. Luke S.

Do you use services agreements, or just verbal ?
  6. Jeff Parks

Accounts like the salon are verbal. When I have a chain of local grocery stores we have a service agreement.
  7. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

It'd be best to treat all customers pretty good because it might come back to hit you in the head. I guess if you're really sure about the customer so that it won't be a problem later on but it's best not to assume things and take everything seriously, it's how I do it most of the time
  8. Brandy

Brandy Member

I've had a similar experience but a bit from the better side. I've made that some customer was more important than some other clients so I'd pay her more attention. She is appreciating it and has been coming back often for my business ever since. Honestly sometimes it's better to just not care about a customer as much as another one
  9. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

No of course not, there are customers more important than others if they are coming more often and if they have more money of course. If they're big businessman you have to kinda satisfy them first out of all.