1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

I need some basic tips for power washing.

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by SpicAndSpanShawn, Feb 7, 2015.

1. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Hi all, I've been in the window cleaning business for a while now but I never found the appeal for power washing.

So I have some questions about the subject:

When do you prefer using a power wash instead of a normal rag job?

Is getting a power washer worth it?

How much water does it consume?

And if I am going to get it what are some recommendations on what model/brand do I get?

Also I'd like tips in general so if you're experienced in the subject, I'd like some help!
  2. Anna D. Noland

Anna D. Noland New Member

Power washing is beneficial because it can restore and maintain your concrete walkways, sideways and wood patio to their original conditions. It helps you in maintaining the appearance and look of your property.
  3. Noflers

Noflers New Member

Find something with 3000+ PSI output. Expect to pay $500+ for a good new one, or buy used. That will clean most any concrete, but don't expect to clean oil/grease stains. You need heated pressure washers for that.

You'll also be able to clean siding, gutters, roofing, decks, etc. Be careful doing roof, decks, and siding so as to not "dig in".

You can turn more of a profit off pressure washing compared to window cleaning.

Good luck!