1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Word Of Advice

Discussion in 'Residental Window Cleaning' started by Jeff Parks, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Jeff Parks

Jeff Parks Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I recently had a job that had there windows cleaned int&ext with about 18 windows or so. I charged the customer $180.00 total. So I hand him the invoice and he pulls out his checkbook and mentions 'that on my website I noticed for first time customers receive $25.00 off there first cleaning". I was like uggghh yes sir that's right, I was a bit surprised because customers hardly look for the coupons and he was the first I could remember in a while who has brought one up. The total came to $155 and he left $5 tip but he was happy that I didn't make up some story about the coupon not being eligible. The customer also had mentioned that he had hired contractors in the past that just gave him some BS story saying sorry you cant use that coupon. My advice is if you have something on your website make sure you stand by it and don't be shady. Going forward it was worth it because who do you think he going to call for now on?
  2. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

I completely agree. Customer satisfaction should be your number one priority but some people tend to call you only once just to get that coupon so that the reason why I offer coupons for consecutive services where a customer schedules an appointment for cleaning in advance and gets a percentage discount based on how many time they use my services. If the consumer uses my services more than 5 times the 6th one is free and the bonus resets. Over the years this method has worked out for me greatly.
  3. Brandy

Brandy Member

Woah I should keep that in mind because I didn't really care for things like that that much. I'm going to look out for that now have to change my perspective thanks for giving me that info :D
  4. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

It depends because sometime I just have too many customers and too much work to let one customer get that because word is going to go around the other customers and they will also do it to me so that's a big loss. Better to let go off one customer than take a loss from a 100