1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Anybody else scared of windy days?

Discussion in 'Residental Window Cleaning' started by Chris S., Jan 22, 2014.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

I've been doing my monthly book work this morning and peeking out my window watching the weather. I have a job at 12 p.m. today I'm considering cancelling on because I don't have a helper available to hold my ladder and I have to use a 32 ft ladder today. We have some 25+ mph winds. I feel like wimping out, but I just got back from a week long vacation and need to get back on the ball game.

Any horror stories so I can convince my customer to let me reschedule for a better day?
  2. bob

bob New Member

Health And Safety...?
  3. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

Well I usually have some people to fill out for me on those kind of days so I don't have to worry but I do understand that it can be pretty scary
  4. Optimum Prime

Optimum Prime New Member

5. Hangman68

Hangman68 New Member

Invest in a waterfed pole and pure water system.
    You can leave ladders behind for the most part. When you need to restore just use a lift or hang if you need to. I rarely use ladders anymore, only when necessary!