1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Can I use brake cleaner to clean electronics parts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Stacy Pedraza, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Stacy Pedraza

Stacy Pedraza New Member

Title pretty much says it all.

I bought the thing used on craigslist for $50 about 8 months ago and found out after the person drove away that it was infested with cockroaches.

I got rid of the bugs but the thing is still full of their crap, it stinks, and it'll probably burn the computer up if I tried to run it like that for very long! I was hoping I could take the whole thing (case and all) across the street to the 24-hour electrician where they have an air compressor, take my can of brake cleaner and just soak the hell out of everything. Let it sit a few secs then blow it out w/ the air compressor. Repeat until a can of brake cleaner is exhausted.

Is it safe to use though? Brake cleaner usually has a chlorinated derivative of THF in it. Would that melt anything in there?

Thanks in advance for any info.