1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Doing jobs in the cold

Discussion in 'Commercial Window Cleaning' started by Chris S., Jan 21, 2014.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

The temperatures have been drastically dropping lately, sometimes even going into the single digits and wind chills putting it in the negatives. I think I have a pretty good way for keep warm, as it seems to work when I go and do these washing jobs. What does everyone do keep themselves warm in the cold? Are there certain things you should wear to keep yourself warmer or does everyone just get afraid and not like to schedule wash jobs on cold days like these?

Opinions are greatly appreciated.
  2. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Well where I live it doesn't get that cold so I'm rarely experiencing these problems, even if those days do come it's for a very short amount of time so they can be skipped. I guess some really nice warm clothing would do the trick
  3. Iodine cat power

Iodine cat power New Member

I live in Canada and I have to work in temperatures as cold as -15 Celsius. I find that water proof gloves help alot
  4. Brandy

Brandy Member

I'm just trying to drag out the cold days so that I'm working on the warm ones only so that I'm not experiencing that much pain because cold here can be pretty bad, you guys kidna have it lucky because I have to wait it over
  5. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

Nah you gotta work it man, cold or not if money is in the questions and smart marketing ideas, you gotta know when to step it up. You have to work even in the rain, if it's too dangerous because of the height then just figure it out. Ask some experts and get information
  6. cordial

cordial New Member

I too live in Canada, and i think there are many things that you have to look for..And especially when you work outside its better to wear gloves,winter warm apparels,wearing shoes to keep you up and also to keep your potential high..and no need to worry..
  7. JeffScott

JeffScott New Member

Just make the employees do it. That's what I do. I just scream at them and call them fags, tell them to get out there.
  8. Optimum Prime

Optimum Prime New Member

Denver Window Cleaners have it tough because the weather changes so quickly. I have seen it hit 70 degrees, start raining, and then snow hard, all in the matter of a few hours. This is why I put windshield washer fluid in my water, and heat the water to as high as I can get it. I use one pair of gloves, and hope they don't get wet. The real problem is when the towels start to freeze on you. I go through 3 or 4 times as many towels in the winter months.