1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Explaining what your business is all about

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Chris S., Jan 22, 2014.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

I was out doing the some holiday party socializing with a group of some friends, and listening to others say what they do for a living. Heard anything from working at the shipyard, working with insurance companies, waiting at restaurants, etc. When it got around to me i said "Window Cleaner" and I got "that look"... Made me feel a bit unpleasant like I'm not successful in what I do, but after telling them how the business was, it seemed to gather their interest and we actually had a good conversation. How do you guys explain what you guys do for a living, dealing with window cleaning?
  2. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

It's actually pretty simple, just try to make yourself look like a big deal and then be confident and act like it. People take people who think themselves as powerful pretty serious because well, no one would act powerful if they're not, right (hehe). Yea it's just some basic psychology but it will convince them that your business might even be better than theirs if you introduce it right
  3. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Maybe being confident and friendly about it should be enough I know around here it works like a charm so give that a try too
  4. Brandy

Brandy Member

Well I just go standard, didn't even think there was a method behind it, I just think of it on the fly.