1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Hiring a salesman

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Scott Williams, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Scott Williams

Scott Williams Member

Has anyone hired a salesman for their businesss? Should I pay them hourly or give them a percentage of what they pick up?
  2. Jeff Parks

Jeff Parks Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I would think hiring a salesman per hour he could possibly slack off. Now if you paid him a percentage for whatever work he picked up that would motivate him more to pick up work.
  3. Luke S.

Luke S. Moderator Staff Member Moderator

For a commercial sales guy, you should pay them 1 months gross for the job they sell. For example, a $10 bi-weekly job pays them about $20. This encourages them to try to get people to agree to a more frequent basis, which is good for you in return. After the sales person establishes themselves, you can raise the commission to 2 or even 3 months gross, but I would start with just 1 months gross at first