1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

How should I be charging my clients and how much?

Discussion in 'Residental Window Cleaning' started by Chris S., Jan 20, 2014.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

Lately, I've been thinking if what I've been charging has been too much, too little, or just right. I wanted to gather opinions as to whether how I should be charging clients and how much I should be charging. It seems as though everyone has their own special way of doing things. Currently, I charge per pane of glass per side. I feel as though this is not as effective than charging by the hour but it does have it's perks. Over time, I've gotten faster at cleaning, which means less time of cleaning but still having the same rate we agreed on for each window. But, sometimes there are just obstacles and difficult windows to clean, which in case takes longer to clean, making me lose money this time.
    What are your opinions on charging? Should I continue to charge by each window or start charging by the hour? Which do you think is more efficient? Any help and advice would be awesome.