1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Is there a Window Cleaners Code

Discussion in 'Commercial Window Cleaning' started by Jeff Parks, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Jeff Parks

Jeff Parks Administrator Staff Member Administrator

So your driving down the road you see a window cleaner cleaning windows at a store front that you wish you had and you take a few extra glances, you may even park your truck and stalk from a distance :cool: What do you do?

I know my competetion is out there but when I do see them it bugs me because thats a customer I dont have. Honestly I think there is enough work out there for all of us so I wouldnt go and try to underprice them intentionally. However if I decide to do a sales blitz at a shopping center and someone ask how much do you charge and that price happens to be lower then what there paying now I wont feel bad at all.

What are your thoughts on this?
  2. Dandjob

Dandjob New Member

Window Guru
    There is nothing wrong with being competitive in your market. That said, I would do my best to not intentionally steal accounts by underbidding anyone. Sometimes it happens and that is part of operating a business. I also try and get to know any cleaners I happen upon while I'm out working. With proper connections you can pass extra work back and forth as well as any jobs that are out of the scope of the type work you do. I like to have a quality guy I can refer to for things I don't do such as anything that requires hanging off of the side of a building. Often you can make a beneficial relationship with other companies that will be good for all parties involved. You also said it best, there is enough work for everyone.

I actually almost wish there was a standard rate that all local cleaners would follow so as to not allow for stealing of work. There are guys out here that will advertise under $100 for any one story house and as low as $10 per storefront. All they do is drop fliers and bam, customers are going faster than you can even blink. They do sloppy work and take no pride in it at all, but people seem to only see the dollar signs sometimes.
  3. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

just observe them even use their services to see what they do and how they do it because you may be able to get those customers