1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Is window cleaning difficult?

Discussion in 'Residental Window Cleaning' started by Rob Allen, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Rob Allen

Rob Allen New Member

We sub our window cleaning out. We've been cleaning carpets for 30 years. I've thought about adding windows but a couple of my techs who did windows in the past said window cleaning is tedious,time consuming and has a larger learning curve than carpets. Really? I mean how hard can it be? Is window cleaning that difficult?
  2. Mike Taylor

Mike Taylor New Member

Why dont you continue subbing it out? How much business are you getting from window cleaning?
  3. Mike Taylor

Mike Taylor New Member

How hard can carpet cleaning be? I mean really?
    You can probably make more money carpet cleaning per hour but window cleaning is definitely more profitable.
  4. Rob Allen

Rob Allen New Member

Mike carpet cleaning is not hard once you get the chemistry and fiber ID down pat. Pretty simple steps. Is that the same with windows? I wasn't being an whole just asking how hard is its and how long is the learning curve?
  5. Luke S.

Luke S. Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It takes a fair amount of getting used to, but I wouldn't say it's hard. I think 40 hrs or training with a few months of experience on your own is all it takes for a storefront guy to get pretty good.

Residential, on the other hand, takes a bit longer because of all the different style windows, especially in colder climates where there are storm windows.
  6. Ed Camacho

Ed Camacho Administrator Administrator

Maybe it's just me, but I would assume window cleaning would have to be one of the easiest jobs out there. Maybe I just don't know what goes into it. Anyone care to explain?
  7. Luke S.

Luke S. Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Commercial window washing is pretty simple to pick up on, but residential can take a couple months to get good at, and even longer to master. It's really just a matter of getting used to the equipment and honing your technique by practicing, and also getting used to the different styles of windows. Storefront guys also have their route to get used to, since almost all storefront work is reoccurring jobs.