1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Networking with competition good or bad?

Discussion in 'Residental Window Cleaning' started by Chris S., Jan 24, 2014.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

So I was doing my laundry other day. I live in a condo... and shared a laundry room. I saw this kid dumping a bag of rags into the dryer. I said that's a lot of rags there what did you clean up? Kid says my dad is a window washer. I had the idea to network so I had the kid a business card and ask if his dad could give him one as well so you know..... maybe a day I can't do a job I could refer him to them, and vice versa. Did I do a good think to network or is it going to hurt me in the long run? I was just trying to build friendly competition, and possibly work together maybe if the a job was big enough.
  2. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

Depends on the situation and their goal. You'll need to check them out first and see their strategies they might try something to ruin you but overall it can be useful to work together and then you can make some plan to get their customers but you really need to watch out
  3. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

I would suggest trying it but not too much, like SQcleaner said not all businesses are that good towards you but I'd definitely try it at least once, so far I didn't but now that I think about it I might try it in the future
  4. Andrew Taylor

Andrew Taylor New Member

Networking is a good thing, it's important both to make new alliances and to keep an eye on potential competitors. But before you start working with this person, you should research him at least a little, to make sure he would be a good partner to recommend. You know that every recommendation you make reflects on you directly, so you need to be careful.
  5. Jordie Palanzi

Jordie Palanzi New Member