1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Too hot for the job?

Discussion in 'Residental Window Cleaning' started by Chris S., Jan 20, 2014.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

The other day, I had a job to clean approximately 20 window panes from a residential home that hasn't been cleaned in decades. I've only had a couple jobs so, mostly good and she agreed on the quote I gave her over the email messages online beforehand. We then agreed on the day for me to come out and start cleaning. Come the day to do the job, I realized it was over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, being sunny and not one cloud in sight. I probably should have checked the forecast beforehand but it didn't occur in my mind as I was excited to just get the experience for my business. As I started to clean the windows, the bigger the windows got, the harder they were to clean as they would dry almost seconds after I just begun cleaning. It was so difficult to continue cleaning so I had to reschedule for a cooler day to come back and finish the job.
    My question to you is how is too hot when cleaning windows? When does it become to hot to clean windows as I don't want to waste my time nor the clients time in future again. Are there special ways to clean windows when temperatures are that high or is just safer to clean on cooler days?
  2. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

I've heard in some places it's just too low materials that on too hot days you just can't do anything but I've developed some methods, I'll just say read what is says on the box and on the internet when you're buying some products for window cleaning, that's how I got some ideas ;)
  3. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

I just look out for them and even try to postpone the jobs, though sometimes I do try to do the job on some hot days when it seems like it's really hard, there are some special products though
  4. kiwineil

kiwineil New Member

I would be very interested in what special products are available to cope with the quick drying,