1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Which awnings do you need to stay away from?

Discussion in 'Awning Cleaning' started by Richard, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Richard

Richard Member

Where I live there is plenty of awning that need cleaning and no one to do the job so I'm jumping on this. I understand some awnings you should just stay away from if they're in bad condition, but how do I know which ones to stay away from? If some seams are loose, I would assume it would depend how bad it is but how do I know what is too bad? I've seen a few that sag but I've seen YouTube videos of people washing awnings like the ones I see online and all the info I've seen or read does not specify any details. Help anyone?
  2. SammyDynomite

SammyDynomite New Member

This is a really good question. It's easy to say things like "No Risk, No Reward" but then again it would be stupid to get a permanent injury trying to wipe down somebodies rickity awning. I just play it by ear and decide then but if I am risking my safety then the client is going to pay!
  3. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

I have a "it's your fault if it breaks" form and I just get the owner to sign it before I start. If he refuse I just leave. Simple as that. Now, I don't use this every single time, obviously, I only use it when I deem it mandatory. The form itself is an agreement that the customer pays me for the percentage of the job done if it breaks and he can call me off at any point if he feels like his property is in danger.