1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Sell calls

Discussion in 'Marketing & Advertising' started by Jeff Parks, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Jeff Parks

Jeff Parks Administrator Staff Member Administrator

When you walk into someone store,restaurant exc. what do you say to them in your sales pitch?
    Any tips or tricks?
  2. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

I'm currently working alone and the clients that I provide my services to are more than enough to keep me going but back when I was working for a local cleaning company I used to give them the usual: "I represent the local window cleaning company __________ and we were looking to do business with you." Nothing fancy because getting straight to the point usually worked. If the person you are speaking to declines just look at the dirtiest window you can find and say "That's a pity". :) It's a bit cheese but it works.
  3. JimHongLee88

JimHongLee88 New Member

I agree. Straight and to the point is always the best move. Sometimes it helps to walk in pretending like you are holding a piece of heavy glass in yours hands and say you just cleaned it. Then they will say they cant see anything and you say "exactly". It works every time.
  4. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

hahaha :D You are definitely crazy if you actually did that. I'd definitely not use that approach in my line of work but some people do appreciate hanging around a person with a sense of humor so I guess it might work on a few potential customers. It's all about psychology, really. If you're a good judge of character you'd probably be able to spot out how to talk to a person, and what to say, after only speaking to them for a few seconds. I, myself am more of an introvert. I usually don't even talk to the people while doing my job, I tend to pop a headphone in a single ear and keep the other one open just in case I get yelled at for something and listen to some calming classical music. :rolleyes:
  5. JimHongLee88

JimHongLee88 New Member

Yeah and this one time I accidentally bleached a part of this ladies curtain while cleaning the windows. She saw it and I tried to explain that it was already there before I got there. She seemed like she wasnt sure if I was telling the truth or not but luckily they were making hot dogs and I asked for one and she said yeah. That stuff just kinda works itself out sometimes.
  6. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Just recently I had a similar experience with an elderly woman. This old lady called me to pretty much clean only a handful of windows after someone did a pitiful job on her house. We ended up drinking coffee with some biscuits. Honestly these days I'd do anything to get out of my house... I've got some... Family issues.
  7. Brandy

Brandy Member

Oh, I usually went with explaining something about my company to give them as much info as possible so if he stays on it it usually means that he will be one of the best customers
  8. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

Keep it easy and CONFIDENCE is a must. I'd also suggest you read a few books because I can't write all of the advices here just the basic ones. This actually a whole section in psychology
  9. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

I might actually try to that part, it's good advice to read some psychology about things like these, heard it can do wonders
  10. Brandy

Brandy Member

Oh right I should read some books on that and improve myself more on that topic, I haven't researched that much, thanks!
  11. SQcleaner

SQcleaner Member

research everything always, that's how you'll get to the top
  12. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Of course it's a good thing, I actually haven't found the time to research that much so I'll do that in a future but it's definitely a good idea
  13. Brandy

Brandy Member

I did read a few books now and I do feel more confident and knowledgeable but I'm still not so sure how to expand the business and how the methods will work out